With July upon us, so are fireworks. Many pets get quite anxious this time of year and people wonder how they can best help their furry friends during those explosive nights. Here are a few tips to help:
- Keep your pets indoors during the fireworks
- Keep the TV up a bit louder than usual, and even keep it on once you’ve gone to sleep, helping drown out the noise from the fireworks
- Get out of town on an adventure, away from all the commotion!
- Consider using an all-natural calming treat
- Get them some great exercise during the day, so they are nice and tired in the evening
- Keep them stimulated during the day so they are mentally occupied, fighting boredom and helping relieve stress
- Soothe them with music
Just like us, all pets are different and it may take a combination of the above to help. There is also the chance none of the above will help and in more acute anxiety cases, please consult your local vet for a proper course of action to give your furry friend the care they need to alleviate their stress!